Monday, May 18, 2009

My first post



Pictures: Me with all my nieces and nephews (top) and Eisis (my dog)


So this is my first post. Yippee! I guess I'll say a little about what I've been doing with my life. I am currently attending Chico State, one more week and I'm a Senior! I'm majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders. So in a nut shell, after I graduate with my Bachelors I have to go to graduate school and get my masters and I will finally be a Speech-language Pathologist. I can't wait :)
Until then though, I've been working for a place called the Little Red Hen. It's a non-profit Nursery/Gift shop that employs disabled adults. I basically designate tasks to everyone and make sure that everything runs smoothly. I also work with socialization programs for children with Autism. I run a socialization group for disabled teenagers as well, its fun because we just hang out and play games on Fridays and then go out into the community once a month and go bowling or watch a play. I'm hoping to start up a young adult program by the end of the month. I really love my job, and the pay isn't too shabby either!
I just recently traded in my almost beautiful (very well-loved) Jetta for a 2004 Honda Accord. I'm pretty sure it was the best decision ever. I'm in heaven with the air conditioning. I can't believe I survived two years without it.
Anywho, life is good.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you did a post!! I am shocked!! Little did I know, this was done back in MAY!!! Keep them coming sister, I don't know enough about your every day life! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I like your blog. the picture of Isasis running is fantastic. Sounds like you had a busy week-end. no wonder i didn't see you. Glad you're happy!!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your halloween costume. You look cute!!!

    ReplyDelete